Saturday, August 18, 2007

Goodbye Wily Mo, We Hardly Knew Ye



I woke up this morning to find out that another of my roto players had been traded to the NL. The Red Sox sent Wily Mo Pena to the Expos...I mean Nationals (whatever) for nothing (A PTBNL if you want to get technical).

All I can say to AL GMs is "STOP TRADING ALL MY FREAKIN' PLAYERS AWAY!!!" Or if you have to trade them to the NL, at least get something back in return so I can fill my roster with new talent. Now, I have to decide if I want Eric Hinske, Donny Murphy or Marco Scutaro to take his roster spot.

Now, enough complaining...Wily Mo was never going to get a chance in Beantown, but I did hope he'd go to the Royals or Orioles rather than the Nats. He's got a ton of power, but doesn't make great contact. That prompted Nationals GM Jim Bowden to say "One thing about Willie Mo Pena I can tell you is if you give him 500 at bats, he's going to hit 40 home runs and strike out more than Adam Dunn," Bowden said. "And he's a below-average defender who needs to work hard on his game."

Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me...

2 comments:

Butch said...

What, too late for Cameron Maybin?

Scott said...

Yeah, our league has six deep minor leaguers, and Maybin was long gone.